Senior Research/Principal Scientist Cell Pharmacology/Genetics/Neuroscience Permanent Full Time South East England Competitive salary & package Do you have a background in stem cell-based human neuronal...
Senior Scientist/Team Leader - Cell Culture, Upstream Process Development
Highly competitive salary & benefits, dependent on experience
SRG are currently working with a Global Biotechnology organisation at the forefront of Drug Discovery who are seeking a highly experienced Cell Culture & Process Development Scientist to join their R&D team in Cambridgeshire.
Leading a small team of specialist scientists, the successful individual will be responsible for driving the development of Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Processes including the use of the latest state-of-the-art technology to support scale-up for commercial manufacturing.
The role will involve process optimisation, exploration of the latest technologies on the market and collaborative work with both academic & industrial partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Leader with extensive knowledge of Cell Culture/Fermentation Processes seeking an opportunity to play a pivotal and influential role to delivery across a number of therapeutic areas within a global organisation.
- Management of multiple Upstream Process Development Programs including planning, coordination and execution of practical experimental activities.
- Direct line-management of 2 experienced Scientists including performance reviews, day-to-day problem-solving support and workload prioritisation.
- Operation of numerous Bioreactors including AMBR, Bench-scale (stirred tank) and Cell Bag Bioreactors for fed-batch fermentation or perfusion operations.
- Use of advanced computational/statistical tools and data for process development including multivariate regression.
- Appropriate conducting and reporting of CMC data in-line with required quality and regulatory standards.
- Degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a Biochemical engineering or Bioprocessing related discipline
- Extensive proven industry experience in early or late upstream process development, working with mammalian cells
- Proven experience as the Team Leader & Decision Maker in the execution of project activities, ideally within a matrix environment
- Practical experience in the use of data analysis tools e.g. SIMCA / JMP / DesignExpert
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects including the reporting of CMC data.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV directly . For more information regarding this position, please call Rachel Ellis on 0161 868 2235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: upstream process development, cell culture, fermentation, bioreactor, AMBR, bioprocess, SIMCA, CMC.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.