Quality Assurance Technician£20,000 £22,000West MidlandsPermContact Andrew: 0121 222 5329 My client are a family owned company, based in the West Midlands, and produce 10s of...
Reagent Filling Shift Manager
Working Hours: 40.00 per week
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
As one of the world's leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, our client provides an ideal environment to meet a wide range of career aspirations. Leading the way in delivering innovation to the market our employees meet some of the industry's biggest challenges and opportunities head on. Our support of industry research and development ensures you can have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve patient lives worldwide.
Scope of role:
To manage in accordance with Company policy all aspects of resource planning, production scheduling and manufacturing relative to bottled products. Driving the production cells to ensure that products are manufactured in a high Quality manner, which meets the departmental utilization and efficiency and Quality metrics ensuring Customer Order requirements are met On Time In Full (OTIF).
The Production Shift manager has OWNERSHIP for all product lines and is RESPONSIBLE for proactively challenging output and results through analysis of efficiency reports, Quality metrics data. They will be champion for improvements in Quality and productivity through Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) activities, ensuring all staff are encouraged to develop ideas and to drive to be World Class. The incumbent will be required to ensure all personnel & EHS activities are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities.
- To manage the Reagent Filling Production operations with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost, ensuring all product lines are driving to achieve the weekly production plan supporting the monthly S&OP requirements on time, reducing potential for missed customer orders.
- To contribute actively towards and act as Change Agents reducing year-on-year product cost movements by improving production utilisation & efficiency and ensuring all Continuous Improvement (CI) activities are resourced, managed and driven to successful completion
- To comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all H&S audits are carried out accordingly as well as annual assessments. To investigate any EHS incident raised within the area to drive to a Zero Harm culture
- To conduct daily planning and support the weekly planning process to ensure customer orders are being fulfilled on time and identifying with relevant functions where potential issues may arise and escalating accordingly
- Ensure all transactions are carried out on IFS daily ensuring correct booking of materials and claiming of hours to enable the business to measure the true costs.
- Review all production documentation i.e. job sheets, ensuring compliance to Quality System requirements (cGMP) and addressing issues identified and any necessary retraining of staff.
- Assist Production Engineers and Quality group with Validation tasks requiring risk assessments and validation protocols, both the plans and final reports. Ensuring all manufacturing activities undertaken in accordance with the documentation.
- To drive development within the department through effective training matrix and documentation to ensure a cross trained team both at senior operator level and operators. The outcome must be that a minimum of 3 people are capable of every task/process. This needs to take in to account any succession planning and identification of future leaders.
- To lead (also form the team) or be involved in problem solving activities and Root Cause Investigations (RCI) when issues identified within production or the processes used. To work with Production Engineering, Quality and other functional groups as required. Ensure that any necessary actions identified have a clear owner and with deliverables to drive long term resolutions.
- To own CAPA's or NCR's as necessary and to ensure these are actively worked on to ensure compliance to the required stage gates and in a timely manner.
- To manage 5S and daily cleaning activities of equipment at end of batch runs to ensure department maintains company standards.
- To be responsible for planning own workload and works without day to day input from line manager, influencing personal training and establishing appropriate time lines for long term projects.
- To co-ordinate workload and set objectives for direct reports to ensure that operational objectives of the department are met and delivered within agreed timescales.
- To create personal development plans and participate in the IPD process (including training planning and review) with direct reports and provide assistance and guidance in the management for direct reports.
Knowledge and Skills
- An experienced leader in an operational role in a regulated environement
- Minimum ILM level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of low to medium volume manufacturing, manual and semi-automated processes.
- Requires proven experience of manufacturing management in a GMP environment.
- An experienced leader in an operational role.
- Knowledge of alternative approaches, identifies best practice through previous experience and benchmarking to a manufacturing environment to enable change in processes and to drive the utilisation & efficiency of the group.
- Excellent organisational skills (verbal and written), Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, Excellent managerial skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to work and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and drive Root Cause Investigations (RCI)
- Able to work autonomously.
- Willingness to travel if required.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.