Quality Assurance Technician£20,000 £22,000West MidlandsPermContact Andrew: 0121 222 5329 My client are a family owned company, based in the West Midlands, and produce 10s of...
Technical Support Specialist
Working Hours: 40.00 per week
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
As one of the world's leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, our client provides an ideal environment to meet a wide range of career aspirations. Leading the way in delivering innovation to the market our employees meet some of the industry's biggest challenges and opportunities head on. Our support of industry research and development ensures you can have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve patient lives worldwide.Job Brief
The role is primarily responsible for investigation and resolution of technical issues/enquiries and understanding the customer requirements around their reported issues. The role will involve a constantly evolving and detailed knowledge of all 'The Binding Site' products. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective time-management skills, interpersonal skills and a proven ability to adapt to on-the-fly changes and meet customer expectations.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical support for the full range of The Binding Site products to include but not limited to Instrumentation, IgG Subclasses, Freelite/Hevylite, RID, EIA and other nephelometric and turbidometric assays.
- Log and update technical queries in an accurate and timely manner; in-line with Complaint/Query Handling Procedures;
- Investigate complex and non-complex technical queries;
- Be able to meet Key Performance Targets as set by the Department Manager;
- Ensure timely resolution of customer queries within a defined time period while maintaining customer satisfaction and a creating a customer focus;
- Provide solutions to customer/distributor/subsidiary issues both via email and more importantly over the telephone;
- Create technical reports and bulletins
- Present clear and concise information and updates on queries under their remit to Management and up-to-and-including Director level.
- Candidates must be assertive in providing information and ultimately be 'the voice of the customer' within the organization;
- Spend a significant amount of time in the laboratory/systems lab to troubleshoot and attempt to replicate customer issues and provide a resolution;
- When necessary, escalate a query to the appropriate department, for further investigation; only when all investigative avenues have been explored by the Technical Specialist and all data has been reviewed and assessed;
- Liaise frequently with various departments within the company to resolve customer issues quickly and to the highest possible quality;
- Be involved in product/process improvement/change process within the organization;
- Attend customer sites, subsidiary offices, exhibitions and international meetings and must at all times represent in a highly professional manner;
Knowledge and Skills - Essential requirements
- A relevant scientific degree (or equivalent).
- Experience in a laboratory setting - preferably clinical or immunology/assay research.
- Previous experience of assay troubleshooting.
- Experience within the IVD industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal with multiple queries and changing priorities under pressure whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- To be flexible to the needs of the business.
- The willingness to travel (internationally and locally) as and when required and at short notice.
- A UK driving license.
- To have a customer-focused attitude and a desire to be successful.
- To be able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.