Shift Lab Analyst/ChemistSRG are recruiting for a global name in the pharmaceutical industry and are looking for a Shift Lab Analyst to join their team!This...
Up to £25,000
9 month contract (mat leave)
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
My client are a pre-revenue company developing next-generation photovoltaic technology. I am recruiting for a laboratory technician to perform routine thin-film device fabrication and testing, and to assist the engineering team in device fabrication during the maternity leave of one of its existing technical staff.
- Carrying out various device fabrication steps including:
- Operation of deposition equipment such as spin-coaters, thermal evaporators and sputter coaters,
- Optoelectronic testing of finished devices,
- Preparation of device substrates including cleaning, laser marking, and cleaving of glass and semiconductor substrates,
- Safe use of a wide range of chemicals including solvents; use of pipettes, fume hoods and ovens.
- Routine stock checking and re-ordering of chemicals, materials, substrates and consumables
- Various housekeeping duties in support of the laboratory manager, including handling the laboratories' various waste streams
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience of operating relevant fabrication processes in a fast-paced development laboratory environment
- An ability to cope well with changing priorities
- Experience of having worked within a health and safety system including experience of risk assessment and CoSHH
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to effectively work with a wide range of people, including other technicians, engineers and management
Standard company hours are 8:30am-5pm, Monday to Friday. It is possible that weekday shift work could become a requirement in the future.
The contract is initially for a fixed nine month period.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.