Title: Assistant ScientistLocation: ExeterDuration: 4 MonthsSalary: £9.40SRG are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Scientist to join a nation organisation based in the Exeter organisation....
Sample Preparation Assistant - Flexible Working Hours
A leading organisation in the York area that specialise in the testing of food products are looking for an individual to join them on a temporary 6 month contract working within their Chemical Residues team.
The role will involve carrying out preparation activities for animal products and fluids. The individual will log all samples in the central system and be responsible for working with samples to prepare them for testing for residues by the team.
The individual must:
- Be comfortable with testing of animal products and various fluids from animals - this role will not suit a squeamish individual
- Be happy with carrying out routine preparation activities across a range of samples
- They need to be a confident individual, happy to carry out work autonomously
- As part of the role you will be required to do some heavy lifting of sample trays so this role wouldn't suit an individual who is unable to do this comfortably
- Have good IT skills as you will log all sample details into the central system
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Methodical approach to working and good attention to detail
Due to the nature of the role the organisation are open to individuals who don't have prior experience in the scientific industry.
Flexible working hours are offered, so if you require to work only certain days per week or certain hours per day they are able to accommodate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, and based in the York area - please apply online. Any questions can be addressed to Kimberley on 0191 284 6768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.