Chemical Process Operator based in LancashireTitle Chemical Process Operator Location Lancashire Salary £19,500 £22,500 (dependant on experience) + Shift allowance(Realistic first year earnings approx....
Chemical Process Operator based in Lancashire
Title Chemical Process Operator Location Lancashire Salary £19,500 - £22,500 (dependant on experience) + Shift allowance
(Realistic first year earnings approx. £24,000 - £27,000)
SRG is working with a global leader in polyurethane technologies. As a result of their continued success they are looking to hire a Process operator to join their talented production team in Lancashire. Working alongside an experienced team, this would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a Production / Process or Chemical background to begin a career in technical production.
Benefits: This position would be able to offer full training, alongside genuine development prospects throughout a graded system of promotion. Working 40 hours a week across a shift system consisting of a rotation of:
- 14:00pm - 22:00pm
- 22:00pm - 06:00am
This role will incur a premium of shift allowance on top of the base salary as well as opportunity's for voluntary overtime and additional bonuses for additional skills including, Emergency Response, First Aid, Fire Team & FLT licence once trained and assessed. Other benefits include 33 days annual holiday, life assurance scheme and a generous contributory pension scheme (7%).
Role / Description
The primary responsibility of this role is to operate manual or semi-automatic plant equipment to carry out to produce speciality chemical products. Key responsibilities will include:
- Accurately following detailed written / verbal process and safety instructions including use of personal protective equipment.
- Picking & sampling raw materials, weighing material into reactors, monitoring instruments and operating equipment/valves to set conditions.
- Taking in process samples, liaising with Quality Control and packing the finished product
- Keeping detailed records as required.
- Experience in a similar role within a production / warehousing environment.
- Previous experience within a chemical production / manufacturing environment would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Chemical qualifications (e.g. HNC, NVQ, A-levels or higher) would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills along with effective written & verbal communication.
- Ability to follow detailed safety & production process documentation.
Due to the nature of work there will be a considerable amount of manual handling, must therefore be fit and physically able. This is an ideal opportunity to join a technical manufacturing environment where full training can be provided. While previous experience would be beneficial it will not be required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Process operator, Production, Manufacturing, Full training, Chemical, Chemistry
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.