Microbiology Validation Specialist PharmaceuticalsLocation: North West, UKJob Type: Temporary, 12 month contractRate: Competitive, dependent on experienceSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical...
Microbiology Modernisation Scientist Stevenage - Hertfordshire 18 months
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an experienced Microbiologist their team in Stevenage. This is an exciting and unique role and the applicant will have the opportunity to implement novel microbiology analytical technologies applied to chemicals and biologicals modalities within product development and into manufacture. The successful applicant will focus on the development of transformational methodologies, driving execution of proof of concept studies and implementation into biological and pharmaceutical products and processes.
- Design and execute a protocol for sterility testing using BacTalert on an appropriate range of pharmaceuticals with the aim to gather compelling evidence towards the BacTalert internal/external advocacy.
- Design and execute a proof of concept study for the use of the Evisight technology for small scale environmental monitoring. Work with experts and customers to achieve a go/ no go decision. Drive the implementation in R&D if appropriate.
- Seek rapid/alternative microbiological technologies: identify and benchmark what other industries (food, cosmetic) are doing in terms of PAT for microbiological testing, review the technologies and report/advise on their feasibility.
- Develop a microbial control strategy in collaboration with the project team, microbiologists and PAT experts.
- Select PAT/microbiology technologies of interest and conduct the necessary Proof of Concepts.
- Compare the results to the appropriate reference method/s and advise on go/no go decision for the technologies.
- Masters or equivalent
- Demonstrated hands-on and practical ability in Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) applied to chemistry and/or microbiology and/or biology of bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of Microbiology, (rapid/alternative methodologies an advantage)
- Strong team working skills, able to effectively work across interdisciplinary groups
- Strong desire to learn/scientific curiosity, with cross functional learning agility
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi task
- PhD in micro biology/Process Analytical Technologies/related subject or equivalent experience
- Capacity to think innovatively and flexibly, comfortable with complexity
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of: Vibrational spectroscopy and multivariate statistics, Bio processes (Biopharm, cell and Gene therapy)
- Able to provide original thinking for analytical methodology development, with particular focus on novel on line and off line microbiology testing.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.