Job Title: Junior Breeding Project Lead Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £12/hour Contract: 4 Months SRG is working with a world-leading Agrochemical company committed to enhancing...
Title: Herbicide Screening Experimentalist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract Length: 10 Months
Salary: £11.17 per hour
SRG are currently looking to recruit a Herbicide Screening Experimentalist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation has a global presence, hiring over 37,000 people across various countries. They pride themselves on being market leaders in the improvement of sustainable living, the use of land space and developing natural based products promoting clean crop production.
As a Herbicide Screening Experimentalist you will be contributing to the invention and development of novel herbicidal active ingredients. You will work within the Screening Operations team and will be required to spray, maintain and assess herbicide bioassays, using established and novel weed screening methods. This production of biological data is key to enable projects decisions to be taken.
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
- Evaluate plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity.
- Entering results into relevant database.
- Proactively suggest changes and improvements to the screening methods and processes.
- Ensure that all work carried out is within the companies policies on record keeping and HSE.
- Be educated to A level or equivalent within a biology or plant based subject.
- Knowledge and understanding of herbicides or agrochemicals and their use in either a laboratory or field setting, would be desirable.
- Strong team player, able to work well within a team environment and communicate effectively both verbally and written.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any other roles, please call Dan Nightingale on 0161 868 2205.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.