ScientistPermanent Full time Up to £32k per annumOur client based near Cambridge, are hiring for a Scientist within their Molecular Pathology team.This is a busy...
Location: West Midlands, Birmingham, Bourneville.
Salary: £14.78 per hour
Duration: 3 Month
SRG are currently looking for a Scientist to join global confectionary company based in the Birmingham area. This organisation have been established for over 100 years and produce a wide range of products. They pride themselves on what they do not just within industry but also to the general public and pride themselves on 'helping others to help themselves'.
You will be responsible for performing physio-chemical analysis and report your findings in accordance with the quality standards. As a scientist you focus on the analytical testing of products, using key techniques such as; texture analysis, rheological testing, particle sizing, solid fat content, moisture analysis, density measurements, differential scanning colorimetry and basic microscopy.
- Perform analytical testing on the products manufactured on site.
- Liaise within internal and external clients providing updates on products.
- Record all your results to internal regulations such as GMP, GLP, ISO and UKAS.
- Perform calibration or equipment within accordance to GMP.
- Be educated to a BSc or equivalent within a scientific subject.
- Have hands on experience working within a regulated laboratory.
- Able to work independently and confidently within a scientific setting.
- Solid experience working within a food setting would be desirable.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call 0161 868 2205
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.