Senior Analyst Mass SpectrometryPermanent Northern Ireland Competitive salary & package Role: You will be responsible for the operation and troubleshooting of the mass spectrometer systems.These...
Mass Spectrometry Specialist - Large Molecules
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary & Benefits: Competitive, dependent on experience
SRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a global Biotechnology company in Cambridgeshire whi are currently seeking an experienced Mass Spectrometry Scientist to join their R&D team on a permanent basis. The successful individual will play an important role in early drug development programmes by supporting the analytical characterisation of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies) through detailed structural and physicochemical studies, predominantly using Mass Spectrometry.
The role will also involve the management of multiple analytical programs (including protocol and report preparation, data approval, trending and tracking) and defining project specific CMC strategies.
This is a fantastic role for a Scientist seeking increasing responsibility in leading projects and people, with the role requiring direct supervision of circa 4 individuals.
* Leading multiple analytical programs, providing strong technical expertise in Mass Spectrometry
* Selection and development of new analytical techniques within the team to further develop in-house technologies
* Review and approval of data, drafting reports and process documents as required
* Matrix staff Management, including contribution to performance reviews, day-to-day problem solving support and work prioritisation.
* BSc/MSc or PhD (desirable) in a relevant scientific discipline
* High competence in mass spectrometry instrumentation and analytical methods applied to recombinant protein
* Good understanding of protein glycosylation and other associated bioanalytical methods including fluorescent labelling techniques, UPLC and peptide mapping techniques
* Experience working within CMC teams including understanding of regulatory aspects appropriate to conducting and reporting of analytical data.
* Ability to influence scientific thinking and the direction of projects.
To find out more, please apply via the link below or email your CV directly to Rachel Ellis at . For more information, call Rachel Ellis on 0161 8682235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Mass Spectometry, CMC, protein glycosylation, UPLC, peptide mapping.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.