Senior Research/Principal Scientist Cell Pharmacology/Genetics/Neuroscience Permanent Full Time South East England Competitive salary & package Do you have a background in stem cell-based human neuronal...
Senior Research/Principal Scientist - Cell Pharmacology/Genetics/Neuroscience Permanent - Full Time South East England Competitive salary & package
- Do you have a background in stem cell-based human neuronal cultures in vitro or human genetic diseases?
- Are you working in a multidisciplinary drug discovery environment?
- Have you got experience of supporting and leading teams?
- I am seeking a senior research/principal scientist with a strong cell biology background to lead the development and exploitation of diverse human cell-based systems, including neuronal systems, using stem/progenitor cell biology.
- The successful candidate will employ a range of cutting edge technologies applied to disease relevant models for target validation, the characterisation of potential drug candidates and translational biomarker identification.
- This position will report to the head of cell pharmacology with an expectation to contribute high impact, strategic and visionary support across the group and the potential to take on senior project responsibilities.
- PhD obtained in a relevant Biological Science (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular, Neuroscience or Cellular Biology).
- Successful candidate should have strong expertise/experience in the following areas:
- Strong cell biology background, with a focus on working with human primary cell systems and co-culture assays, ideally iPSCs and iPSC-derived neuronal cultures or neural progenitor cells.
- Line management of a small team of PhD level scientists, ideally in a drug discovery environment.
- Proven track record of working in diverse target classes; membrane proteins.
- A wide range of a range molecular technologies and gene editing technologies including CRISPR.
- Multi-parametric flow cytometry and/or high-content imaging and other single cell technologies.
- Proven track record for delivering high quality results, as demonstrated through an excellent publication history, supported by evidence of individual contributions to projects and strong interpersonal skills. Expertise/experience in the following areas would be highly desirable
- Neuroscience, particularly the derivation and characterisation of stem cell-based human neuronal cultures in vitro.
- Working in a multidisciplinary drug discovery environment.
- Diverse human genetic diseases.
- If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.
- SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
- If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
- Keywords: Neuroscience, cell pharmacologist, human genetic diseases, stem-cell biology, senior cell biologist, principle scientist.
- If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.