Global Reliability Engineering Lead Pharmaceutical / Consumer Healthcare Global Role (inc. Europe, Middle East, Asia, UK, US) £60,000 £66,000 per annum DOE + highly competitive...
Lead Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer
€60,000 - €65,000 + Bonus + Relocation & Excellent Benefits
Based in Central Ireland
Do you have substantial experience of qualification, maintenance, calibration and repair of analytical instrumentation?
Would you like to work for a leading global research and development organisation?
My client is a leading global research organisation providing drug discovery and development solutions to global Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical clients. Due to continued success and growth, a unique permanent opportunity has arisen to work as a Lead Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer within their state-of-the-art small molecule and biologics testing department.
The role of the Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer is to lead the qualification, maintenance, calibration and repair of analytical instrumentation, and lead a small team of scientists / engineers. Key responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment per company procedures.
- Coordinate and perform equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Review calibration and maintenance records from peers.
- Track and maintain equipment schedule
- Reviews and updates equipment SOP's.
- Train analysts / analytical chemists on equipment.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Lead and manage a small team of 4-6 Scientists / Engineers.
- Coordinate and prioritise project activities with internal functional groups analytical labs, QA, QC and facilities.
To be considered you'll need the following Skills, Experience and Qualifications;
- GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus. Experience in biopharmaceutical equipment such as CE / iCE would be a plus.
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
Key Words "Laboratory Equipment Validation, HPLC, UPLC, Dissolution, NGI, ACI, SDS-Page, iCE, Capillary Electrophoresis, laboratory, Senior Scientist, IQ/OQ/PQ, Validation Engineer"
Candidates can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career in a real way. They a generous salary, medical insurance, pension, life insurance and relocation assistance to those qualified candidates based outside of the Republic of Ireland.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on +442030964706 for further information
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.