Graduate Chemist Lancashire£16,000 £18,000Our client is a growing company specialising in the recovery and treatment of hazardous waste. With multiples sites in Lancashire and...
Graduate Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science paired with a pro-active attitude, excellent communications skills and good attention to detail.
Title: Graduate Development Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a growing company who research, develop and manufacture water-based anti-oxidants, dispersions and emulsifiers for application in the polymer industry. They are now looking to recruit an entry level Development Chemist to join their technical team based in West Yorkshire. The role would suit a recent Chemistry graduate, ideally with some polymer based knowledge and a willingness to learn.
Benefits: Dynamic and growing company offering an opportunity to work in development chemistry, with full training provided and long term career development. Working hours of 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Offering 20 days holiday allowance, which increases with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Other benefits include workplace pension and a company bonus scheme.
Role / Description
- Assisting in the development of new and existing formulations
- Planning own experiments and project work
- Scale up of own formulations
- Supervising productions batches
- Screening new raw materials from suppliers and testing them in existing formulations
- Working closely with sales and production teams to update and be updated with formulation changes
- Producing weekly reports on projects and raw materials testing
- Ordering laboratory consumables
- Quality control and testing production batches
- Any other ad hoc laboratory work as required
- Working to strict health and safety processes
- Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and able to manage own projects
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry or Polymer Science graduate with or without industrial experience.SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, polymer science, polymer, development, R&D, formulations, graduate
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.