Title: Operations ManagerLocation: CheshireSalary: £40 £60K Operations Manager required for a pioneering company based in Cheshire. Requiring a hands on approach, a genuine drive to...
Title: Operations ManagerLocation: CheshireSalary: £40 - £60K Operations Manager required for a pioneering company based in Cheshire. Requiring a hands on approach, a genuine drive to make positive change and proven experience of managing operations or aspects of operations in a technical environment SRG are working exclusively with a market-leading, highly innovative process industry company. They have gained global recognition and success, and as a result they are now looking for an Operations Manager to join the team. This person will take a hands-on approach in overseeing build and scale up of processes globally, continuous improvement of manufacturing and operational practices, and supporting individual members of the team to collective success. Benefits: A forward-thinking company who are genuinely passionate about changing the world with their technology. A diverse and welcoming team, with senior leadership who value every person's contribution. 40 working hours, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Pension scheme, life assurance and subsidised gym membership.Role / Description
- Leading operations, both in-house and on-site with customers, for design, build and scale up
- Overseeing and taking a hands-on approach to the manufacture, shipping, commissioning and running of the company's bespoke technology
- Planning, future-proofing and managing ongoing operational needs and strategies, including procurement, supply chain, facilities and equipment
- Managing the in-house engineering function and liaising with field-based project managers and engineers to monitor delivery, timelines and ongoing projects
- Ensuring compliance and H&S
- Establishing and maintaining a Lean focus on operations, implementing initiatives to drive continuous improvement
- Proven, hands-on experience of managing operations or aspects of operations in a technical environment
- Engineering background - through either qualifications or experience
- Genuine drive to effect positive change and be a part of a progressive company
- Proactive attitude, excellent problem-solving skills and a track record of delivering on commitments
- Knowledge of Lean principles or Six Sigma
This role would be an excellent opportunity an individual who is perhaps supporting operations in a senior or leadership role, ready to take the next step into operations management.For more information please apply online, or send an up to date CV SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.Keywords: operations, manager, management, engineer, engineering, technology, plant, continuous improvement, Lean, six sigma, process industry, chemicals, pharmaceutical, food, fmcg, water, waste water
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.