Laboratory technician/manager OxfordPermanent full time competitive salary dependant on experienceDo you have laboratory experience and enjoy ensuring the smooth running or a life sciences laboratory...
Laboratory technician/manager - Oxford
Permanent full time - competitive salary dependant on experience
Do you have laboratory experience and enjoy ensuring the smooth running or a life sciences laboratory including documentation and maintenance? My client is a start up company currently with a small team of research scientists looking at the underlying biology of several disease areas and have an exciting pipeline of therapeutic products. This is a good opportunity to join a growing company providing your expertise to ensure the smooth operation of their facilities.
The successful candidate
- You will have a life sciences background and must have experience of working in a laboratory
- You will have very good attention to detail and strong problem solving ability
- You will have sound understanding of IT and a familiarity with Microsoft office
- You will have excellent communication skills as part of the role will involve interacting with third parties
- Working with the current research team you will assist with experiments and also with reagent preparation
- You will be a point of contact for the laboratory and deal with incoming communications
- You will be tasked with ensuring the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- You will update and maintain laboratory SOPs in addition to carrying out COSHH and Health and Safety assessments
- You will also be involved in monitoring and arranging collection of laboratory waste.
To discuss this role further please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.