An expanding lab-on-a-chip device manufacturer based in Oxfordshire is currently recruiting for a Microfluidics Research Scientist to join their busy Technical Team. This is a...
Technical Scientist (Microfluidics)
Do you have experience with developing and designing lab-on-a-chip devices? Do you have an extensive understanding in the field of microfluidics? Are you looking for a rare opportunity to join an expanding revolutionary company?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is experiencing continued success within their development and manufacture of devices to better characterise large molecules. The company's expansion has come as a result of their achievements.
As a Technical Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
- Adopting a hands on approach in the development of the device designs
- Optimising the performance of these prototypes to ensure accurate outputs and high level performance are achieved
- Researching new and developing technologies to enhance the chip components
To be considered for the Technical Scientist role, you will have the following:
- Significant experience in the design and development of devices
- An evidenced understanding of developing these diagnostic tools for the commercial market
- Extensive working knowledge of microfluidics (or similar) instruments
You will have strong experience within all the above areas and feel confident in your ability to bring these to this company to aid in their innovative and revolutionary products. A PhD (or equivalent) in a related subject would be desirable.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable with joining a small company where communication and collaboration with colleagues and between teams is key. My client is interested in hearing from individuals who adopt an agile approach to work and have a true passion for contributing to developments which can inevitably benefit the diagnosis of conditions and diseases.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply or for more information contact Stephanie Callan on 01223 607856.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.