Principal Formulation ScientistDo you hold skills within the field of Formulation Development? Are you looking for an opportunity to join an established company undergoing continued...
Principal ScientistBedfordshire - Full time permanent positionSalary range - £45-60k dependant on experience
The OrganisationEstablished in 2015 my client offers services to researchers performing studies that collect and process samples from human subjects. These services enable existing studies to be completed more effectively and enable new studies to begin that were not previously feasible or affordable. Having established the core infrastructure they are now expanding the range of services it offers to the biomedical community and therefore looking to recruit a talented principle scientist as a key individual in their continued success.The Role
To establish and develop new sample processing methods to meet the changing needs of the research community. This includes high throughput, high quality processes covering all aspects of sample assaying and reporting within an ISO 9001:2018 and HTA license. This is an exciting role working across the interfaces of Operations, Commercial, Customer Interface and Quality.
The role will involve these main areas of activity:
- Hand over of developed methods to Operations ensuring that appropriate training, methods and validations are in place.
- Working closely with the Business Development Director to identify, develop, validate and cost efficient and responsive sample processing methods adopting manual and automated methods
- Support the Business Development Director to establish technical requirements for new sample processes and identify the associated costs and timelines for implementation.
- Develop the requirements to achieve accreditation of the DNA pipelines to the clinical standard ISO15189 for the assay of samples involved in the clinical care pathway.
- Maintain strong links with our academic collaborators, especially at University of Cambridge.
- Regular travel within the UK
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is an exciting opportunity in a rapidly growing and developing discipline. You will be a a graduate in life-sciences with a post-graduate degree,
- You will have proven experience and expertise in nucleic acids and extraction chemistry, automation and laboratory informatics systems.
- You will have detailed knowledge of, and have worked with, quality management systems (experience of ISO-15189 or 17025 would be an advantage) and project management, ideally in an academic, NHS or commercial laboratory.
- An effective communicator at all levels, you will have experience of managing and motivating a team to deliver against milestones, budgets and timelines.
- You will be an individual who can work independently and is proactive in the assessment and implementation of new technology.
- You will demonstrate a collaborative approach with key academic partners
To discuss this role further please call Dr. Oliver Sampson on 0121 7288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.