Protein Expression and Purification Research Scientist12 months Fixed term contractOxfordshire Attractive salary Role: As part of the Protein Biochemistry team, you will be responsible for...
Researcher in Optimisation (Operational Research)
Temp 6 month temp contract
£28,000 - £35,000
Nottingham (good transport links)
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
The role: My client are searching for a creative and highly motivated researcher with expertise in optimisation to work on a real-world-optimisation problem, working closely with one of their partners to provide an optimisation engine for solving one of their operational problems.
We are interested in candidates with strong and proven skills in Java or C++, and the use of metaheuristics frameworks such as jMetal. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members and their industrial partners to develop software solutions for preventative maintenance in the transport sector.
- Develop an optimisation engine for our industry partner's optimisation problem in close collaboration with other members ofIfAM and the industry partner.
- Contribute to scientific publications describing the optimisation engine, the optimisation problem, the experimental design and performance of the optimisation engine.
- Participate in meetings with external stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of multi-objective optimisation techniques in operations research and artificial intelligence (linear programming, genetic algorithms, heuristic search techniques, constraint programming etc.).
- Experience in formulating and implementing multi-objective optimisation models.
- Proven ability to apply optimisation techniques in one or more domains such as manufacturing, allocation and scheduling problems.
- Proficiency in C++ and/or Java programming language.
- Proficiency in the use of a metaheuristics framework for example jMetal or other framework.
- Design and conduct experiments with different optimisation approaches for optimisation problems.Sensitivity analysis for identifying key parameters for an algorithm.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Scripting skills, such as Python or R
Length of assignment:
This post is available for 6 months, but could be extended for the right applicant.
Candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.