We're currently recruiting for a Graduate Research Scientist for a Biomolecule manufacturing organisation based in Oxford. This is a 3 year fixed term contract position...
Graduate Chemist LancashirePermanent £15,500 - £17,500
Our client is a growing company specialising in the recovery and treatment of hazardous waste. With multiples sites in Lancashire and a UK-wide customer base, they are now looking to hire a Graduate Chemist to join their team.
Offering full training on the job, the key responsibilities will include:
- Check incoming loads against accompanying documentation to ensure compliance with Hazardous Waste Regulations and Duty of Care Regulations.
- To physically check all drums and IBC's, as well as bulk tanker loads, where relevant and safe to do so prior to the official acceptance of the materials.
- To liaise with the Operations organising transport to remove stock to other treatment facilities or final disposal outlets.
- To process all relevant documentation for all incoming & outgoing loads, including the completion of all Consignment Note paperwork, Non Conformances, samples & chain of custody and Stock levels, as well as familiarisation of the group's operating system.
- To work with colleague's onsite and at other group facilities in analysing pre-acceptance and acceptance samples, as per the Pre-Acceptance and Sampling procedures.
- To drive and operate onsite Fork Lift trucks - preferable but not essential, as training may be given.
- To liaise with colleagues regarding organising the work priorities of the onsite operatives on a day to day basis.
This role will be working as part of a shift rotation, the working hours being either: 06:00 - 02:00 Or 02:00 - 10:00
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or a related subject.
- Happy to work out of doors, in a hands on physical role.
- Strong work ethic, with a desire to learn new skills.
This is an ideal role for a Graduate Chemist who is looking for their first position with the chemical industry as full training can be provided. Equally this role will be well suited to an analytical chemist or site chemist who is looking for a change.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.