Analytical Scientist Seinor Weybridge SurreyScientist position within Oral Health R&D. The successful candidate will have responsibility to develop and apply current and new laboratory methods...
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Senior Characterisation Scientist to join a global Biopharmaceutical company in the North West.
Job Title: Senior Characterisation Scientist
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North West
Salary: £35,000-£39,000 per annum
SRG is working with a global Biopharmaceutical company who require a Senior Characterisation Scientist to join their team. Working within the characterisation group you will support both the Characterisation Team Leader and the process development and manufacturing groups throughout the product lifecycle by utilising your scientific knowledge of characterisation.
Benefits: 15% bonus + benefits
- To design, develop, transfer, optimise and run analytical methods as required to support characterisation activities within the Analytical Development department.
- To initiate, investigate and/ or provide data to achieve closure of non- conformances and investigation of OOS results and aid in determining root causes where appropriate.
- Support Team Leader to deliver specific characterisation development projects from development to qualification and transfer. Where required support the assay validation and assist in co-ordinating the GMP release and stability testing of these assays where required.
- Assist in co-ordination of daily activities for characterisation assay development and related characterisation testing.
- To ensure timely completion and subsequent data review of routine testing of project samples where required and analytical assay development.
- Analysing large molecules using LC-MS, UPLC/HPLC, CE, MALDI, DLS, FT-IR
The ideal candidate possess the following:
- Experience in method development and validation on large molecules using LC-MS, HPLC and MALDI
- Educated to degree level in Biochemistry or relevant subject or equivalent HND
- Experience in OOS/OOT results and investigations of non-conformances
- Experience in a laboratory setting within a GLP/GMP environment is preferred
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Life Science, Science, Laboratory, GMP, GLP, characterisation, characterization, protein chemistry, biochemistry, large molecules, OOS, OOT, out of specification, out of trend, non-conformances, assay validation, method development, method transfer, method optimization, biologics
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.