Development Scientist (Cell Culture/6 month temporary)Do you hold strong experience within Cell Culture in addition to Cell Maintenance and Assay execution? Do you hold experience...
Stem Cell Scientist (16 Month Contract)
Do you hold a PhD with strong skills in Stem Cell Culture and Differentiation into Neural Cells? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a small, innovative company undergoing continued success?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area works on the Development, Manufacture and Supply of Cell Products to a range of institutes. Such institutes can include academic researchers or industry based partners. They are a small company, but with great potential undergoing continued success and further expansion.
As part of a new project, they are currently seeking a Stem Cell Scientist with strong skills in Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture and differentiation. The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Development of protocols for the differentiation of IPSC's into astrocytes or cortical interneurons.
- Characterisation, validation using PCR, ELISA, Phagocytosis assays, Immunocytochemistry.
- Co-culture of astrocytes with cortical neurones.
Candidates with different backgrounds will be considered for these opportunities including; Stem Cell Biology, Electrophysiology and alike:
- PhD in Neuroscience or a related discipline (E)
- Experience in culturing induced pluripotent stem cells (E)
- IPSC differentiation into neural cells (E)
- Electrophysiology or MEA platform experience (D)
- Flow Cytometry or High Content Image Analysis (D)
Candidates who have completed a recent PhD will be considered for this role, as will candidates with some industry experience.
Candidates are encouraged to apply quickly as there are timelines in place for selection, interview and start.
Please contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854 with any further questions.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.