Research & Development Biochemist / Biophysicist£30,000 £36,000 + BenefitsBased in London Do you have experience in enzyme kinetics and molecular biology?Would you like to work...
Development Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or equivalent lab-based experience, and practical knowledge of chemical product development and formulation.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with well-established company who specialise in the development and manufacture of high performance, oil-based products for a range of industrial applications. They are now looking to recruit a Development Chemist to join their technical team based in Greater Manchester. The role would suit a Chemistry graduate with some experience of chemical product development and manufacturing.
Benefits: Long established company with a good reputation in their market, offering a role with full training provided and an opportunity to be mentored by the Technical Manager. 39 working hours, worked from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday with a 4pm finish on Fridays. Offering 20 days holiday allowance, which increases with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Other benefits include company pension and a company bonus scheme.
Role / Description
- Benchmark testing of internal and competitor products.
- Identifying performance improvements and cost-saving opportunities for existing products.
- Assessing new materials and suppliers highlighting how to integrate these into formulations.
- Formulating new products to meet performance requirements.
- Keeping up to date with patent and industry literature.
- Maintaining existing SOPs and take the lead authoring new methods.
- Assisting in investigating product complaints and quality incidents.
- Assisting with product compliance, SDS, COSSH, approvals, etc.
- Upkeep of the lab, equipment and its systems.
- Providing cover to other areas of technical department during sickness and absence (which covers shift work 06:00-14:00; 10:00-18:00 approx. 5 weeks per year)
- Degree in Chemistry or similar OR equivalent experience in a relevant industry
- Previous experience of conducting or supporting lab-based product development, ideally in oils, lubricants, coatings, paints, inks or similar
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and able to manage own workload
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with someone with a genuine interest and some experience of product development/formulation within the chemical industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, oil, lubricant, coating, paint, ink, chemical, speciality, grease, fluid, development, R&D, formulation, technical support, emulsion,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.