Temporary Analyst Ayrshire areaInitial 2-3 week contractAre you a new science graduate looking to make your first steps towards a career in the scientific industry?...
QC Analyst based in East Yorkshire
Title QC Analyst / QC Chemist
Location East Yorkshire Salary £22,500 (Temporary contract until the end of the year with possible extensions)
SRG are currently working with a market leading global chemicals producer who have seen continued success and growth. Continuously innovative, their products & technologies form the backbone of many of the most successful brands in the world. They are now seeking a talented QC chemist / QC Analyst to join their team in East Yorkshire. This will be a temporary position of at least 9 months in length.
Benefits: This will be a temporary position required to cover a maternity leave which will last at least for 9 months with the possibility of further extensions. This will be a great opportunity to gain GMP experience, working with one of the UK's leading chemical companies, and also benefits from a free lunch based provided by the onsite canteen.
Role / Description
- Be responsible for completing studies which may include a number of analytical techniques such as basic wet chemistry, titrations and chromatography
- Perform analysis on raw materials and end products
- Identify improvements to products and systems used within the QC laboratory
- Ensure that all work is conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (GLP, GCP, GMP)
- Undertake routine calibration on instrumentation
- Maintain and provide accurate and up to date QC data records
- A degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or relevant scientific subject
- Proven experience using analytical techniques such as HPLC & GC.
- Previous experience within an busy industrial laboratory setting
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Drive, a good work ethic and commitment
This is an immediate Start opportunity, based with a genuine leader within the UK chemicals industry and well suited to an analytical chemist who is looking to begin a new role immediately.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Jenni at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2222. .
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Quality control, Analyst, Chemist, Yorkshire
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.