Life Science Recruitment Business Leader- Ireland, Dublin Location Ireland, Dublin SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical,...
Business Development Associate required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or applied chemistry knowledge, and an interest in commercial activities and business development.
Title: Business Development Associate
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
SRG is working with a privately-owned business who specialise in the distribution of speciality chemicals to the personal care, household and agrochemical industries. They have built up strong relationships with a number of leading chemical companies and a large portfolio of speciality products. As a result of unprecedented growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Associate to join their team in West Yorkshire, with a view to supporting the Business Manager. The role would suit a Chemistry graduate with an interest in the commercial side of the chemical industry.
Benefits: An exceedingly successful company offering an opportunity to combine chemical knowledge and business acumen in a varied role with lots of potential for travel and career progression. Full training will be provided, with an open office environment and a welcoming team. 35 working hours per week, worked 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. 20 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and occupational health benefits.
Role / Description
- Building and developing supplier relationships, involving international travel
- Co-ordination of key suppliers including price negotiations
- Conducting market research and reports to inform suppliers of trends, demand and forecasts
- Supplying commercially useful information to enable the sales force to operate more effectively
- Co-ordinating commercial priorities within strategic business areas - both with customers and suppliers as agreed with the Business Manager
- Promoting and reinforcing a positive and professional image of the business
- Assisting in the successful marketing of the company
- Minimum degree in Chemistry
- Relevant technical or commercial experience in the chemical industry
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness OR an interest in business development, marketing, sales, networking or commercial activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, self-motivated, with good organisational skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for Chemistry graduate, with some experience in the chemical industry, who may be interested in business development.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, graduate, business development, commercial, powerpoint, market research, confident, surfactant, chemical, personal care, household, agrochemicals, sales, suppliers,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.