Are you a lab chemist looking to take on your next challenge within pharmaceutical analysis, with high standards and a passion for doing things the...
R&D Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and proven experience in lab-based development and formulation, ideally with cosmetics and personal care products
Title: R&D Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
SRG is working with an independent, family run company specialising in the development and manufacture of personal care products, including cosmetics, skin care and hair care. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking for an R&D Chemist to join the team at their lab in West Yorkshire. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with strong technical experience in the formulation of personal care or household products and a proven background in taking projects from concept to commercial realisation. There are also excellent progression prospects for the right individual.
Benefits: Independent company offering a position with excellent progression prospects for the right individual. 40 working hours, 7.45am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 12.45pm finish on Fridays. Offering 20 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays, and a matched pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Managing projects to deliver new or improved personal care products through innovative laboratory formulation and development, with consideration of cost, raw material interactions, quality and time constraints
- Ensuring the smooth transition of products from development stage to market
- Troubleshooting issues arising with formulations at all stages from lab to manufacturing to commercialisation
- Providing technical support to customers for pre-launch and launch of new products
- Overseeing junior R&D Chemists to provide direction, support and efficient workflow
- Creating education materials and technical support for successful product introductions and continuous improvement of product and process control procedures
- Working closely with manufacturing, production and administration functions to ensure all products fully adhere to specification
- Maintaining regular contact with senior management to provide progress reports and communicate technical issues and updates
- Liaising with external parties, including suppliers, regulatory bodies and customers
- Ensuring adherence to ISO 22716, 9001 and relevant company quality practices
- Maintaining a robust understanding and application of relevant regulatory requirements
- Proven technical experience in the formulation and development of personal care, cosmetic, beauty products, household products or similar
- Minimum degree level qualification in Chemistry or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable problem-solving / troubleshooting skills with regard to technical issues
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with previous experience in a product development or formulation role to take the next step in their career.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, dispersion, emulsion, surfactant, cosmetic, personal care, household care, cleaner, resin, janitorial, chemical, development, R&D, formulation, formulate, R&D
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.