Technician CytogeneticsDo you have a knowledge of Genetics; including areas such as Cytogenetics, Genetic Screening, Chromosomal visualisation? Do you have laboratory based skills with exposure...
Technician - Cytogenetics
Do you have a knowledge of Genetics; including areas such as Cytogenetics, Genetic Screening, Chromosomal visualisation? Do you have laboratory based skills with exposure to techniques related to Cytogenetics?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is currently looking for a candidate to join their team to work on the quality testing of products used within Genetic testing. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop skills within areas of Cytogenetics, Microscopy and other related areas.
The main responsibilities of the Technician - Cytogenetics will be:
- Performing standard DNA based techniques for quality testing of Molecular products
- Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation (FISH)
- DNA Extraction/sample preparation
- Completion of paperwork and batch records
- Adherence to all laboratory processes and H&S policies.
To be considered for the Technician - Cytogenetics role you will have:
- BSc or equivalent in Genetics, Molecular Genetics or related area (E)
- Competence in different techniques relating to Genetic Testing (FISH, Fluorescent Microscopy, PCR)
- Some industry/NHS exposure in ISO9001 or ISO13485(D)
- A clear ability to work within a team (E)
This is a great opportunity to join a well established company undergoing continued success.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.