Applications Support Specialist (Swedish/Danish Speaking)Location: CambridgeshireSalary: DOERole Type: Temporary (expected to last for 12months)Do you hold a strong technical knowledge in Molecular Biology and it's...
Applications Technician / Technologist required for global company based in Manchester.
Job Title: Applications Technician/Applications TechnologistLocation: ManchesterSalary: £24,000 - £26,000
Our client is a multinational company and leading force in the developing and testing of speciality chemicals for a variety of applications and products. Well established and with state of the art laboratory equipment they are looking to hire an Experimental Chemist to joint their existing team.
This position holder will carry out polymer compounding and testing. They will be able to process a large amount of experimental data, and write detailed reports. The successful individual will preferably have a sound knowledge and experience of polymer analysis and processing or be well qualified in Chemistry and will to learn.
Benefits: Based within the UK Centre of R&D Excellence, working 37.5 hours per week with some flexibility around start and finish times, 25 days holiday + public hols, pension up to 7% employer contribution, optional private medical insurance -company pays half, and long terms service awards.
- Application testing of Speciality materials, this will include:
- Gas fading
- Tensile strength
- UV Stability
- Aging studies
- Extrusion & Rheology
- Surface & Colour analysis
- Development of new test methodologies as required.
- Production of material samples.
- Producing accurate & detailed reports for presentation to clients.
- A minimum of a HND / Degree in Chemistry, material science or a related field or qualified by experience
- Proven experimental laboratory experience.
- Previous experience with polymers; e.g., polyurethanes, polyamides, polyolefins or adhesives would be advantageous but not essential.
- Happy to train a good chemistry graduate with relevant knowledge
- Strong communication and record keeping skills.
- Eligible to work within the UK.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV for more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
KeyWords: Extrusion, Applications, Polymer, Organic Chemistry, Gradute , Manchester, Chemistry
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.