Senior Microbiologist (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & QC)£30,000 £38,000 (commensurate with experience)Based in London Do you have substantial experience in microbiology supporting Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Quality Control?Would...
My client, based on the Cambridge-Suffolk border are currently hiring for a Senior Microbiologist to join a busy Quality team, working to ISO 17025 standards.
Key requirements of the role will cover, but are not limited to:
- Daily microbiological testing of samples within the quality control department, to ensure that all raw materials and finished product testing is carried out on samples required for the particular micro specifications.
- Meeting departmental testing KPI's relative to the specific tests.
- Using lab techniques such as: sample preparation, media preparation, plate streaking, (sub) culturing.
- Ensuring that quality management standards are adhered to at all times - working to ISO 17025 and quality master data is maintained and accurate at all times.
- You will be actively involved in, and an advocate of food safety programme via HACCP.
Background and skills:
- BSc in Microbiology (or equivalent)
- Sound working understanding of ISO 17025, GMP standards and respect for working in a high-compliance environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Background in FOOD MANUFACTURING from within a micro-lab.
- Appreciation of working with SAP and functionality as well as good working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- There will the requirement to work alternate Saturday mornings.
If this sounds as if it could be the next move for you, and you'd be interested in hearing more about the company profile and role then please apply now by attaching your CV demonstrating your relevance.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.