The post, which is available immediately, would suit a candidate with an investigative frame of mind and an interest in the imaginative application of analytical...
The post, which is available immediately, would suit a candidate with an investigative frame of mind and an interest in the imaginative application of analytical techniques.
Experience of microscopy techniques, food structure and/or maternal science and a basic understanding of quality control procedures would be desirable.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To undertake food microstructure investigations, microscopic investigations of glass fragments, foreign bodies, food packaging and other materials using light and scanning electron microscopy, X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR analysis after appropriate training, and carry out other technical operations in accordance with the position as instructed.
* To write reports for non-scientific clients relating the results of investigations carried out
* To check and authorise the work of others
* To manage 2-3 direct reports
* To provide disseminate training to less experienced members of staff
* To provide quotation and advice to clients
* To provide lab tours and presentations on relevant subjects as appropriate.
Qualifications and competencies
* Specialist knowledge of food structure
* Science degree with relevant experience in a laboratory environment
* Line management experience desirable
* Investigative, problem/solving approach
* Ability to work on own and as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure
* Experience in food structure and/or material science is essential* Good with scientific equipment in general* Experience with FT-IR spectroscopy is desirable* Experience with SEM/X-ray microanalysis is desirable* Experience with microscopes* Excellent written and verbal communication skills* Organised, methodical approach to work
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.