Quality Control (QC) Validation Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC Validation ScientistLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative...
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Calibration Scientist to join a global Medical Devices company.
Job Title: Laboratory Calibration Scientist
Vacancy type: Permanent
Location: North West
Are you a Laboratory Calibration Scientist looking to work with a leading Medical Device Organisation?
SRG is currently looking for an experienced Laboratory Calibration Scientist responsible for laboratory instrumentation and equipment. The role will deliver laboratory instrument planned maintenance, service and calibration; the need to fault find and troubleshoot equipment problems is essential to ensure rapid resolution thus minimizing the impact on scientific activities.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise and input to laboratory equipment calibration and validation systems to ensure compliance with ISO13485, FDA 21CFR Part 820 and the testing laboratory sections of current good manufacturing practice requirements (cGMP).
- Ensuring all laboratory instrumentation and equipment are appropriately calibrated in accordance with regulatory requirements and calibration schedules; approves laboratory equipment calibration records and reports as a Technically Competent person.
- Provision of first line response or repair to a wide range of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Working in partnership with external vendor services to complete contracted tasks.
- Reporting equipment services or events which are out of regulatory compliance using relevant procedures.
- Communicating equipment status during repair and service activities to colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Providing a point of contact within the R&D organisation for visiting vendor service engineers.
- Writing and approving R&D laboratory testing reports as a Technically Competent person.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level or equivalent and should have a demonstrable equivalent experience as follows:
- BSc in a relevant science related subject or equivalent certification
- Experience in laboratory equipment calibration
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems is desirable
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: calibration, laboratory, validation, iso13485, medical device, instrumentation, laboratory equipment, life science, GMP, good manufacturing practice, troubleshoot
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.