MicrobiologistDo you hold Microbiology skills including areas such as Sterility Testing, Environmental Monitoring or Bacterial Identification? Are you eager to further your laboratory experience and...
Yiou will joina a friendly team who are the central hub of the Microbiology department. The team prepare the microbiological media, do the media quality control, and carry out the washing up and waste decontamination services, for all groups within the Microbiology Department.
In this role you will responsible for and perform the Microbiology Departments Media Quality Control programme, working as part of the larger team.
Training and development opportunities are available for enthusiastic and proficient members of the team to progress their career in the group.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of A 'levels in a scientific subject (or equivalent)
- Experience in laboratory environment including proven detailed knowledge of microbiological techniques
- To work effectively on an independent basis as QC specialist and harmoniously with work colleagues within the Section and wider Department.
- Work accurately within specified time frames
- Computer literate
- Enthusiastic, proactive, team player
- Own transport
Weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required on a rota basis, normally one in ten, either paid as overtime or taken as time off in lieu. Therefore own transport is essential.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role please apply online or call 0121 222 5333
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.