Technical Sales Manager required, based in Cheshire but with flexibility on location. Requiring experience in new business development and sales of chemical products, raw materials...
Technical Laboratory Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring proven people management skills and previous experience of technical service or QC with colour products or paper
Title: Technical Laboratory Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Competitive Salary, appropriate for role level
SRG is working exclusively with a global company who focus on the manufacture of speciality colour products for a range of applications. As a result of their continued success and growth, they are now looking for a Technical Laboratory Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have excellent people management skills and strong technical support or QC experience in colour or paper products.
Benefits: Ideally located near to local amenities and public transport, collaborative and forward-thinking culture, free parking, subsidised and generous company bonus scheme. Enhanced pension scheme and sick pay after 12 months. 35 working hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Day-to-day management of 8 members of staff
- Overseeing quality control, technical service functions, sampling service, compliance and H&S
- Ensuring the correct and up to date maintenance of technical records relevant to service and product specifications
- Being pro-active in supporting technical service and support work
- Ensuring compliance both for regulatory and H&S requirements.
- Communicating with both internal and external commercial and technical staff.
- Conducting regular performance monitors and meetings to ensure resources and workflow meets the demands of the business
- Contributing to the senior management business performance reviews as senior representative of the company's technical service.
- Regularly communicating with manufacturing to provide QC and technical guidance and support.
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Colour Chemistry or similar
- Demonstrable experience of QC or technical service/support for paper or colour products, including inks, coatings, dyes, paints or similar
- Proven people management skills in a technical environment
- Working knowledge of chemical compliance, including REACH, CLP, SDS
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual who has led a technical team and been actively involved in QC or technical service for colour products or paper products
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, technical service, technical manager, manager, people manager, supervisor, QC, quality control, colour, coating, ink, dye, paint, pigment, paper, packaging, chemistry, chemical, compliance, REACH, CLP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.