Laboratory Analyst East Midlands (good transport links)3 month temp-to-permUp to £20,000 per annum and generous benefits packageSRG are currently recruiting for a lab analyst for...
East Midlands (good transport links)
3 month temp-to-perm
Up to £20,000 per annum and generous benefits package
SRG are currently recruiting for a lab analyst for a great company based in Nottingham. We are looking for an experienced analyst using classic techniques (HPLC, IR, UV, titrations, wet chem). This is temp-to-perm, especially for an outstanding candidate.
Basic Job Function
Under supervision this position will provide technical analytical assistance of food and pharmaceutical products as required to the laboratory facility. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis and stability testing in accordance with current BP/EP/USP and client test methods - (HPLC, GC, UV, IR, wet chemistry, limit tests, identification tests, titration, solid dosage form, dissolution, disintegration, hardness, friability, KF, AA)
- Perform nonstandard laboratory analysis as required
- Test method validation (ICH/VICH and client)
- Technology transfer
- Test method development
- Investigation of OOT/OOS results
- Report analysis results
- Check analysis results as required
- Perform basic maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Maintain laboratory instrument log books
- Write and review SOP as required
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping activities
- Work with an acceptable level of accuracy as determined in performance reviews
- Complete tasks within allocated time frame
- Be aware of the safety implications of operations within working environment ensuring compliance with working practices and procedures.
- Be aware of regulatory requirements ensuring compliance with working practices and procedures
- Co-operate as necessary with the audit team(s) to ensure that the audit process is effective, efficient and achieves its objectives
- Comply with all procedures of the QMS
- Plan own work as required ensuring that all objectives and deadlines are met.
- Complete documentation as directed by procedure.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in a relevant subject and strong, relevant, industrial experience in the pharma or food industry.
- A levels in scientific discipline / HNC in scientific discipline plus extensive relevant experience in the pharma or food industry.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.