Senior ScientistAre you looking to join the research and development team of a small and innovative company? Do you have academic or industrial experience in...
Senior QC ScientistPermanent - full Time South Wales Competitive salary and packageAs a Senior QC Scientist, you will be responsible for coordinating the QC Department ensuring that all QC activities comply with ISO regulations.
- You will also be responsible for the line management of QC Scientists and performing in-process and final testing on products that include test kits.
- Carry out in-process and final tests to support manufacturing and R&D activities using calibrated equipment and in accordance with QC Procedures (QCPs).
- Carry out testing of incoming raw materials and record results.
- Record and investigate out of specification and out of trend results; also deviations. Alert QC Team Leader to any significant quality problem that is identified by self.
- Manage stability trials and perform testing at scheduled intervals. Record results in QCP and generate reports/maintain spreadsheets.
- Manage QC inventory.
- Carry out quality monitoring and trending of the Purified Water System and record results on monitoring form.
- Initiate required changes to QC documents in accordance with change control procedures; similarly, in conjunction with R&D, for new procedures to support product development.
- Prepare a weekly QC schedule for QC Scientists. Review QC Scientists progress daily against the schedule. Re-organise and prioritise the schedule as required.
- Ensure that adequate and independent reviews of all QC records have been carried out by an authorised person prior to acceptance/release of product from QC.
- Ensure documented quality control procedures are implemented and maintained and are available to all department staff.
- Review and maintain all training records for the QC team; ensure all staff have documented training records for the latest version of all QC documents, maintain all QC training files and matrices, and customer specific training files.
- Act as key customer contact for specific products and represent QC at various meetings, including R&D project transfers.
- Identify and manage quality improvement opportunities within QC and support the quality improvement initiatives undertaken by other departments.
- Alert QC Team Leader, as soon as is reasonably practicable, to any significant quality problem that is identified by self, especially if there is a direct impact on products that have already been released to Customers.Requirements:
- Degree qualified/or equivalent in the relevant discipline and will need relevant experience within pharma/medical device and understand FDA and GMP regulations.
- You will need to have relevant laboratory experience and have good project and laboratory management experience.
- Supervisory experience is preferred and exposure to continuous improvement practices is preferred.
- If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.
- SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
- If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
- Keywords: QC, Laboratory, Scientist, Production, Manufacturing, Medical Devices- ISO 13485 and GMP.If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.