Title: Analytical ChemistLocation: Lancashire, Clitheroe.Salary: £10.28Duration: 12 months.SRG are working with a technology company with a focus on science, specialising in manufacturing and packaging processes....
Analytical Chemist (Drug Discovery)
£25,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in Cambridge
Do you have experience of separating, purifying or analysing compounds supporting drug discovery?
Would you like to work for a leading international pharmaceutical company? My client is a prestigious Pharmaceutical company in the Cambridge area, attracting research scientists and workers of the highest international calibre. They have made key advances in the development of treatments of a range of diseases.
Due to continued growth they have a vacancy for an Analytical Chemist / Separation Chemist within the chemistry team. The Analytical Chemistry team provides expert purification, separation and analysis of newly synthesised drug candidates using liquid chromatography coupled with Mass Spectrometry, Supercritical Chromatography and NMR.
This role will support a number of research projects within medicinal chemistry & drug discovery.
You will have prior experience in liquid chromatography and mass spectroscopy. Some experience of supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) would be an advantage, as would experience in NMR, however, extensive training will be given. Specific Responsibilities include;
- Separation of newly synthesised Medicinal Chemistry samples, utilising reverse phase and normal phase HPLC, as appropriate.
- Purification of Library samples, using reverse phase HPLC.
- Resolution of chiral samples, using HPLC or SFC.
- Quantitative analysis of content, purity and molecular structure of compounds using NMR.
- Collaboration with project teams and presentation of quality results in a timely manner.
- Use of electronic laboratory notebook
- Troubleshoot when equipment is not performing satisfactorily.
To be considered you MUST have;
- Practical, hands on experience of running HPLC, SFC or LC/MS within a medicinal drug discovery environment.
- The ability to separate, purify and analyse, novel drug candidates within agreed time frames.
- A graduate with a degree, BSc or MChem in Analytical Chemistry or a similar related subject with a heavy Analytical Chemistry bias.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), team-working and time management skills.
We welcome applications from graduates at all stages in their career, or from non-graduates who have gained the required skills and experience through working. Key Words - "Analytical Chemist, Separation Chemistry, Purification, HPLC, UPLC, Mass Spec, SFC, NMR, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Graduate, MChem, Pharmaceutical, laboratory"Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.