Scientist (Life Science)Do you have life science experience covering areas including molecular cloning, PCR and ideally areas such as Gene Editing, Synthetic Biology or related...
Scientist (Life Science)
Do you have life science experience covering areas including molecular cloning, PCR and ideally areas such as Gene Editing, Synthetic Biology or related areas? Are you looking for an opportunity to join an innovative company working on the development of products feeding into sectors including medical imaging reagents, Biological Pesticides, Biosensors and alike?
My client is a well established company based in Cambridgeshire supporting their parent company on the development of innovative products including Biological labelling Reagents and Biosensors, and due to continued success they are currently seeking a Scientist with Life Sciences to join their Research team.
The role will focus on the planning and leading of feasibility projects, carrying out in house research and working on projects in collaboration with external academic partners.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Delivery of technical demonstrations through in-house laboratory research and collaboration with external partners.
- Supporting the development of novel concepts and technical solutions
- Review of trends and emerging technologies within Life Sciences and communicate potential opportunities internally.
- Working in collaboration with Biochemists, Chemists, Physicists and Engineers on cross-displinary research projects
- Working within Platform Innovation Team for the identification and development of new research themes relating to Life Sciences.
- Represent the company at conferences
To be considered for the Scientist (Life Sciences) role you will have the following experience/skills:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology or a related Life Science area (E)
- Hands on experience in Molecular Biology techniques:
- Molecular Cloning (E)
- Nucleic Acid Isolation/Purification (E)
- PCR (E)
- Experienced in research relating to one or more of the following:
- Gene Editing or Silencing (D)
- Synthetic Biology (D)
- Nucleic Acid-Based Therapeutics (D)
- A confident communicator, with experience of presenting to internal/external collaborators (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your expertise in Life Sciences and work on a range of innovative research projects for the development of a range of products used in different industries.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.