Temporary Assistant Project ManagerOxford, UKTemporary contract, 12 months (Mon-Fri)£32,000 £45,000 (dependent on experience)SRG are currently seeking a contract Assistant Project Manager to join the Drug...
Temporary Assistant Project Manager
Temporary contract, 12 months (Mon-Fri)
£32,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently seeking a contract Assistant Project Manager to join the Drug Discovery and Development Program Management team of one of our prestige clients in Oxford. Responsibilities will include a variety of well-defined support activities for their innovative research and development portfolio and may also include limited independent initiatives and specific group/department service functions. The Assistant Project Manager will work with supervisor and R&D Project Managers to set the objectives and scope of project support and initiatives.
This role would suit an excellent graduate with an interest in project management, someone with relevant industrial research experience looking to move out of the lab, or someone with prior PM experience in pharma or drug discovery.
- Assist Project Managers to maintain project and portfolio plans and timelines using various software tools
- Provide support to track project budgets, document lists or other time sensitive tasks
- Plan, schedule, and set-up meetings
- Help maintain project team and group data sharing sites (e.g. SharePoint)
- Take meeting minutes and action tracking
- Support Project Managers with other activities to support successful project execution
- The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and a desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, scientific environment
- BSc or MSc in a pharmaceutically relevant scientific area with some biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Demonstrated effective organization and communication skills
- Computer skills to effectively use department software programs and desire to learn new software and project management tools
- Collaborative approach to achieving goals in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience in cross-functional pharmaceutical drug discovery and/or early development environment
- Experience with project management approaches or tools, project planning, timeline and/or budget management
- Ability to successfully manage her/his efforts supporting multiple projects and responsibilities
- Interest in applying skills and ideas to improve processes and solve problems
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.