The team comprises 6 specialists focussed around the systems and auditing element of food safety management with a remit to provide consultancy and train...
The team comprises 6 specialists focussed around the systems and auditing element of food safety management with a remit to provide consultancy and train clients in best practice. Further the team has a responsibility through audit and strategic R&D support to develop and implement best practice in Hygiene management across a broad range of food processing technologies and product categorie
The role will have a wide remit; it will focus on a number of key areas of food safety and quality management systems. It is expected that the job holder will become one of our focal points for food safety and quality management systems activities.
They will be expected to develop, manage and perform a range of audit and pre-audit activities, develop and present training courses, provide guidance and consultancy in the area of food safety and quality management systems under guidance from their line manager and other colleagues.
Qualifications and competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors.
- Industrial experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
- Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4 would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Practical experience and trained in auditing, to lead auditor level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Training experience, at least Train the trainer level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Good verbal and broader communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy offerings.
- Effective project and time management skills assuring effective delivery and compliance with business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Generally IT literate - particularly a working knowledge of Powerpoint expected.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.