Applications Support SpecialistLocation: CambridgeshireSalary: DOERole Type: Temporary (expected to last for 12months)Do you hold a strong technical knowledge in Molecular Biology and it's application with...
Applications Support Specialist
Role Type: Temporary (expected to last for 12months)
Do you hold a strong technical knowledge in Molecular Biology and it's application with the Biotechnology industry? Are you customer focused with strong problem solving and communication skills?
My client is a Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area who are a leading provider of Molecular Biology platforms and solutions used across various applications including; Research Institutes, the Biotechnology Industry, and within Genetic testing/screening.
Due to continued expansion and growth, my client is currently seeking an Applications Support Specialist with a focus on Molecular Biology and related platforms.
The main responsibilities of the Applications Support Specialist will be:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of customers technical questions and issues
- Logging and management of all highlighted issues
- Troubleshooting of technical application issues with instruments
- Assist customers with analysis of key data
- Liaise with Field Applications Specialists and Engineers to arrange on site support
- Supporting of sales/marketing to provide technical guidance, address customer concerns, and resolve corrective actions.
To be considered for the Applications Support Specialist role you will have:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a closely related area (D)
- BSc, MSc (or equivalent) with hands on industry experience within Molecular Biology, Genetic Applications (E)
- Strong experience in troubleshooting applications and protocols; such as PCR, sequencing, genotyping or related (E)
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak confidently with customers (E)
- Customer support experience (D)
- Knowledge in areas such as Non-Invasive screening, Next Generation Sequencing or related (D)
- Fluency in other languages (D)
Candidates must be happy with a role fully based in an office environment offering technical support via phone and email to customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to use technical expertise to guide and advise others.
Please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.