Scientist Molecular Virology required for exciting new role with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle Scientist Molecular VirologyLocation StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a dynamic...
Scientist - Molecular Virology required for exciting new role with dynamic life science company in Stirling
Title - Scientist - Molecular Virology
Location - Stirling
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a dynamic and growing life science company - they are looking to hire a talented and experienced Scientist - Molecular Virology to undertake a challenging and vital role in their R&D function. Working as part of a small team the role would be suited to someone with experience in the working with pathogens as well as molecular biology techniques. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new dynamic environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
Role / Description
- Develop the generation and characterisation of cell culture models to support diagnostic assay development.
- Perform the key role of Biological Safety Officer (BSO) for the containment level 3 (CL3) laboratory.
- Quantify viral and bacterial DNA using PCR techniques and biochemical assays to support assay development.
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures and provide assistance with upcoming assay targets.
- Design and develop clinical sample testing on the platform.
- Solve problems encountered during assay development innovatively and independently.
- Train and support peers when required.
- Work within a QMS system.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and have relevant industry or academic research experience.
- You will have experience in the maintenance of mammalian cell and viral cultures as well as in molecular biology and biochemical techniques.
- Experience in working within a QMS is essential
- You must be a problem solver and innovator with excellent skills in data analysis and good attention to detail.
- Experience of working in the IVD / medical device industry is desirable as is knowledge of design controls and assay development requirements.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: molecular biology, PCR, primer design, isothermic amplification, assay development, diagnostic, medical device, viral propagation, virology, cell culture, cell based assay, ELISA
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.