Research & Development Biochemist / Biophysicist£30,000 £36,000 + BenefitsBased in London Do you have experience in enzyme kinetics and molecular biology?Would you like to work...
Research & Development Biochemist / Biophysicist
£30,000 - £36,000 + Benefits
Based in London
Do you have experience in enzyme kinetics and molecular biology?
Would you like to work for a leading Biotechnology company in London?
My client are working at the cutting edge of DNA and RNA amplification, developing the next generation of PCR technologies. They boast a class leading range of products both on market and within their research and development pipeline.
Due to continued growth and expansion they are looking to hire a Post-Doc Research Scientist to undertake projects within enzyme and protein optimisation. These will focus on developing faster and more accurate PCR and PCR methodologies. You'll lead your own projects, from conception through to implementation of new products, and will have a broad range of responsibilities in this agile and growing organisation.
The role will also involve production and quality control of enzymes/solutions to ISO:9001 and ISO:13485 standards, and your time will be split between these areas and R&D.
To be considered you'll need the following skills, experience and qualifications;
- A Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biophysics
- Proven expertise in Enzyme Kinetics with knowledge of single-substrate and multiple-substrate mechanisms, and binding affinity.
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Strong quantitative skills, with a good understanding of statistics and familiarity with experimental design methods such as Taguchi.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- An understanding of the chemical principals involved in buffers, stabilisers, enhancers or fluorescent chemistry as applied to commercial polymerases would be an advantage.
Key Words "Protein Biochemistry, Enzyme Kinetics, Binding Affinity, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, R&D, Research and Development, DNA Extraction, RNA, Polymerase Taq Polymerase "
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for more info.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.