A well established Chemical manufacturing organisation based in Northamptonshire has an immediate requirement for a Graduate Production Chemist to join their busy Technical team. This...
Organic Synthetic Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring experience in multi-stage synthesis and large scale up processes.
Title: Organic Synthetic Chemist
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a well-established business who specialise in partnering with chemical companies to support with contract R&D, scale-up, process development and manufacturing. As a result of recent positive changes and ambitious growth plans, they are now looking to hire an Organic Synthetic Chemist to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking the lead on bespoke client projects and manage junior chemists within the laboratory. The role would be suited to someone who has a background in multi-stage synthesis and scale up, specifically within the chemical industry.
Benefits: Opportunity to join a growing company and lead a team of Chemists. Offering 31 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), pension scheme, private healthcare and productivity bonus. Working hours of 8.00am to 4.30pm with flexible start/finish times.
Role / Description
- Leading a team of 2 junior chemists in the multi-stage synthesis and scale up of fine chemicals for bespoke client projects
- Allocation of workloads across the team
- Regular contact with customers to take project briefs and provide regular updates
- Presenting information back to customers both in writing and on the phone
- Provide technical support to chemical manufacturing processes
- Dealing with technical service including enquiries from existing and prospective customers
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in chemistry or a relevant related field.
- A PhD would be desirable but not essential
- Experience and enthusiasm for hands-on practical organic synthesis and related scale-up
- Project management skills preferred
- Team player with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in Organic Synthesis to further develop in this exciting new phase in the company's growth.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: organic synthesis, organic chemist, organic chemistry, multi-stage scale up, process chemistry, process chemist, synthetic chemist, synthetic chemistry, reactor, analogs, core molecules, fine chemicals, additives, cyanine, inks, dyes, chemicals, speciality, manufacturing, synthesis, R&D, chemical services, chemical products, chemical industry, contract manufacturing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.