QC TechnicianNorth Oxford£9.68 per hour2-3 month contractSRG are currently looking to recruit for a QC Lab Tech Microbiology focused, for one of our clients in...
£9.68 per hour
2-3 month contract
SRG are currently looking to recruit for a QC Lab Tech - Microbiology focused, for one of our clients in the North Oxford area. The role will be a part time temporary contract Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, hours between 8.00am - 4.00pm, with flexibility to accommodate busier times. We would be looking for the successful candidate to be with our client ASAP.
The Company manufactures and supplies an extensive range of Prepared Microbiological Culture Media to the pharmaceutical industry, food industry and health care markets They also supply and service specialist environmental air monitoring equipment, other laboratory equipment and manufactures a range of incubators, primarily in to the same markets. They operate to ISO9001:2000 registered Quality Management System and are regularly audited by customers from the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Role / Description
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Performing routine tests, including pH and sterility
- Incubation and reading of environmental monitoring sample
- Assistance in maintaining the culture collection
- Preparation of test sheets
Key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Attention to detail - accurate and meticulous work ethic
- Be an effective communicator and a team player, being flexible and conscientious
- Previous experience in a Microbiology Laboratory would be advantageous
- Demonstrate good numeracy and computer skills
- QC Microbiology is responsible for the routine testing of all prepared media manufactured by the Production team.
- Routine testing of the product range includes sterility checks, pH testing and growth promotion testing on finished product.
- The production of poured plates takes place within a Clean Room environment which is strictly controlled. This area is routinely monitored for bacterial contamination using settle plates, active air samples and surface contact plates.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Ideally we are looking for an applicant who can:
- Demonstrate an accurate and meticulous work ethic - careful completion of documentation is vital to the quality control process
- Be efficient and dextrous with your practical skills - accurate and consistent inoculation of plates is of paramount importance
- Bring experience from other positions - helping in suggesting new methods/ideas
- Work to tight deadlines - prioritise effectively whilst maintaining high standards at all times
- Be a team player, flexible and conscientious - everyone is
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous experience - practical experience in a Microbiology Laboratory
- Biological Sciences - a qualification in one of the sciences would be advantageous
- Numeracy skills - must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle data including fractions and decimal dilutions
- Computer skills - knowledge of Windows and basic computing
- Fundamentals - GCSE, or equivalent, in English, Maths and a Science subject
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Andrew on 0121 222 5329
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.