Scientist/Senior Scientist Phage DisplayRole Type: PermanentLocation: CambridgeshireSalary: Competitive/DOESkills: Phage Display, Molecular Biology, Sequence Analysis, Assays, BiologistAre you a Molecular Biologist within early stage discovery with...
Scientist/Senior Scientist - Phage Display
Role Type: Permanent
Skills: Phage Display, Molecular Biology, Sequence Analysis, Assays, Biologist
Are you a Molecular Biologist within early stage discovery with experience in areas such as Phage Display, Sequence Analysis, and the running of established assays?
My client is a highly innovative company working with an innovative platform, and experiencing continued success. As they continue from strength to strength they are now looking to expand their Biology team with a Discovery Scientist focusing on the identification and optimisation of novel compounds, Phage Screening and sequence analysis, coupled with a range of functional assays to understand the pharmacology or phage and peptides.
The main responsibilities of the Scientist/Senior Scientist will be:
- Phage Display and Molecular Biology
- Phage Display selection
- Interpretation of DNA and Amino Acid Sequence Data
- Sequence analysis
- Use of bioinformatic software for processing of sequence data, performing sequence alignments and protein expression vector design
- Performing established assays for Phage and Peptide Pharmacological understanding
- Alphascreen, Cell Based functional assays
- Presentation of data to project discovery teams
To be considered for the the role of Discovery Scientist/Senior Scientist (Phage Display, Sequence Analysis) you will have the following skills/experience:
- A BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalents) in a relevant area of Biology (E)
- Industry based experience within the Biotechnology/Biopharmaceutical Industry (E)
- Practical experience of Drug Discovery processes (E)
- Strong Molecular based skills (E)
- Phage Display experience (D)
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.