Laboratory Technician (3 Month Temporary Contract poss temp-to-perm)£11.00 £12.00 per hourTemporary, full-time, Mon FriNottinghamPlease contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456 A fantastic...
Laboratory Technician (3 Month Temporary Contract - poss temp-to-perm)
£11.00 - £12.00 per hour
Temporary, full-time, Mon - Fri
Please contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
A fantastic temporary/contract opportunity to work in a forward thinking business which is in an exciting period of growth. This business is the UK's leading independent laboratory in all things IHC. This organisation based in Nottingham provides quality Contract Histology and Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Services to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Sectors. Candidates must have knowledge and experience of Immunohistochemistry and Histopathology either in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or NHS environment. This is a must and candidates must be able to demonstrate this experience.This is a 3 month temporary contract initially, however this could be extended to a permanent contract depending on your performance.
Due to the specific nature of this role, prior experience in an Immunohistochemistry position is an essential requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working from study plans to perform ICH testing in accordance with GLP regulations
- Close communication with other internal departments to coordinate transfer of samples
- Deliver work in accordance with customer target deadlines and agreements
- Use of automated platforms including Ventana to run assays and Bond RX for staining
- Competent in ICH manual techniques including working with frozen tissue samples, immunofluorescents, development of novel anti-bodies, method validation/optimisation, protein expressions, biomarkers, IHC assays
- Review and manage usage of regents, maintaining stock levels and ordering further resources where required.
- Life science degree in a related subject or relevant experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in an Immunohistochemistry position
- An understanding of, or prior experience in using automated platforms such as Ventana/Bond RX would be significantly beneficial
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Knowledge of, or experience of GLP regulations are desirable but not essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.