Study Director Preclinical StudiesHerefordshire, West MidlandsSalary negotiable for the right candidate + Additional Benefits + relocation packageWe are working with one of the leading independent...
Study Director - Preclinical Studies
Herefordshire, West Midlands
Salary negotiable for the right candidate + Additional Benefits + relocation package
We are working with one of the leading independent preclinical CROs in Europe, focused on molecular pathology and histopathology, they are entrepreneurial and highly respected within the toxicological pathology industry.The company provides GLP and GCP compliant services including: tissue cross -reactivity studies, immunohistochemistry, histology, pathology evaluation and whole slide digital scanning and serves a global client base of large pharma and biotech companies, CROs and academic institutions.We are now recruiting for a Study Director to take ownership of and become accountable for immunohistochemistry (IHC) based projects and tissue cross reactivity (TCR) studies at the company.
- Responsible for the development of study plans and laboratory techniques. This means acting as GLP Study Director as well as liaising with Sponsors on technical requirements
- Engage with pharmaceutical clients and other CROs to identify technical requirements and create procedures which ensure studies are GLP and GCP compliant and key study objectives are achieved.
- Undertake some leadership responsibility of the Molecular Pathology service offering and ultimately play an active role in mapping out the strategic direction of the business unit by assessing the commercial potential of new service areas which the business can provide.
- The Study Director will supervise a small team of Lab Technicians as well as being involved in defining a pricing structure for specific lab services.
- Deliver a training programme which addresses technical weaknesses within the team.
- Demonstrate extensive practical experience of Immunohistochemistry techniques (both automated and manual methods) as the Study Director will be accountable for ensuring methods and techniques are strictly adhered to and there is high quality output.
- Post-Doctorate or equivalent commercial lab experience with an entrepreneurial appetite.
- Based in Herefordshire (commuting distance) or prepared to relocate to the area (relocation assistance available for the right candidate).
- Ability to objectively assess current procedures and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Fantastic scope for personal development and we are interested in speaking to highly motivated candidates who have the desire to build a new division and undertake additional commercial responsibilities outside of the lab.
Privately owned Preclinical CRO which is experiencing an excellent growth trajectory. Highly reputable and agile business which is investing heavily to meet biopharmaceutical market demand. Fast track personal development where you will be encouraged to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair and provided with the opportunity to launch new initiatives.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.