Environment, Health and Safety Expert Joining the Global operations Team of an international biotechnology company based close to Cambridge, this role will give great exposure...
Environment, Health and Safety Expert
Joining the Global operations Team of an international biotechnology company based close to Cambridge, this role will give great exposure to a the implementation and development of group EHS policies and compliance along with engagement of EHS initiatives.
Key role requirements will include but are not limited to:
- Implementing new programmes to promote internally the policies and awareness around EHS activities.
- Lead for European and Global teams, and providing practical support to the EHS Manager based in America.
- Facilitate the Health and Safety teams and support facilities, coordinate occupational health screening alongside the HR team.
- Plan and deliver regulatory training around: ISO accreditation, Human Tissue Act, Substance, Biosafety and legal permits.
- Assist in development of consistent tracking and monitoring of EHS policies to ensure transparency for customer care process, along with the development of suitable and effective metrics for global EHS reporting.
- Person Specification:
- BSc (or equivalent) Environmental Health, Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Good working knowledge of UK health and safety regulations
- Certifications in H&S training
- Background of having worked in a H&S role
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
- It would be helpful, though not essential to have worked in a pharmaceutical, life sciences or biotechnology organisation previously
- Organised, excellent communicator, able to coach and influence others, collaborative and demonstrates excellent problem solving skills.
Does this describe you and your next career move? Are you wanting to continue to expand your skills and knowledge within the realm of H&S in a global space? Then apply now or telephone for a conversation about this opportunity.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.