Process/Organic Chemist- TemporarySRG are working with a leading chemicals company to help them find a Process Chemist for a temporary contract.This is an exciting, hands-on...
Process Chemist Full-Time, Permanent OxfordshireCompetitive salary/package, plus bonus. Are you a process chemist with a experience of scaling-up and delivering multi100-gram to kg quantities of experimental drug substance?Are you able to design and perform synthetic organic experiments efficiently and independently?
- A Process Chemist is required to design, develop and implement synthetic organic chemistry experiments to enable the delivery of material to support toxicology studies, human studies, and technical transfer information to contract research organizations.
- This individual may develop new chemistry, improve existing chemistry and demonstrate such chemistries by delivering compounds at expected purity and batch size for the appropriate phase of development. Role:
- Will have a proven track record of scaling-up and delivering multi100-gram to kg quantities of experimental drug substance in the appropriate physical form.
- Is able to design and perform synthetic organic experiments efficiently and independently.
- Generates effective hypotheses to meet synthesis goals and set new experimental directions.
- Is able to develop long-term plans for the synthetic development of molecules.
- Develops novel and creative solutions to overcome synthetic problems.
- Employ new principles and concepts from other fields to promote new progress in synthesis.
- Multitasks to effectively manage multiple activities/projects.
- Collaborate proactively with medicinal chemistry teams and other scientific disciplines locally and globally.
- May motivate or supervise other process chemistry staff on their day to day experiments
- Experience in writing and transferring developed technology to outside CROs and working with suppliers to solve chemical issues for compound delivery is desirable.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and will prepare presentations and reports as required.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD with some relevant process chemistry experience or MSc/BSc with strong relevant process chemistry experience.
- Process Chemistry experience within scale up (to laboratory scale).
- Demonstrates astute understanding of how to deploy his/her own talents effectively.
- Has knowledge of relevant science beyond own department.
- Prepares and reviews reports, publications and regulatory filings as appropriate.
- Displays greater ability to productively disseminate ideas across discipline- and project-boundaries.
- Communicates more effectively in verbal presentations and in writing technical reports.
- Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems to attain crucial project goals.
- Experience with working and/or writing technical documents in the pharmaceutical industry.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.Keywords: process chemist, synthetic chemist, medicinal chemist. drug delivery process chemist. If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.