We are searching for Product Manager with experience in creating exciting opportunites for high value consultancy products.As Product Manager, you will own, define and provide...
Our client, the inventors of semiconductor-based next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology, is developing a revolutionary new platform that enables NGS-based diagnostic capability in an easy to use, cartridge-based system that will allow direct from clinical specimen to clinically relevant, actionable results in a matter of hours. They are now looking to add to their team an experienced Product Manager.
The successful candidate will initially be working pre product launch, gathering market information, building relationships with relevant experts within the industry and feeding back ideas to the R & D team. Following product launch, the more traditional aspects of product management will come in to play acting as the liaison between the development and commercial teams.
This is a multi-faceted role which will evolve as the product evolves. Key duties of the position will include:
- In the first instance a large part of the role will be sourcing market research, conversing with potential customers and then managing those relationships.
- Throughout these interactions you will look to leverage your experience from the medical devices industry (preferably in infectious disease diagnostics) as a product manager (or related)
- Work to bridge potential markets with a world-class development team. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape and ensure the commercial success of a disruptive new sequencing product platform, along with its exciting pipeline of diagnostic tests.
- With the platform still currently in development stage, there is ample opportunity to influence the product definition and development direction.
Our client offers a dynamic and fast paced environment working on products with the potential to have massive impact on the rapid diagnosis of infectious diseases and subsequent prognosis of sufferers. They are looking for a self-starter with the ability and confidence to make their voice heard and act as product champion. The research done by the successful candidate will have a big influence on the product direction, so the ability to gather this research and report back efficiently is a must.
Working within a diverse environment the successful candidate will work closely with people from both commercial and technical backgrounds. The successful candidate will not necessarily be a technical expert, but they will need to adapt and speak the language of both scientists and sales people alike. For this reason a technical background coupled with significant commercial experience would be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BS required: in a relevant marketing, business, engineering or scientific field. An MBA would be ideal, but equivalent employment experience will also be considered,
- Several years' experience in a product management role (or similar). Ideally this will be in the field of regulated medical devices, and better yet would be infectious disease diagnostics
- Experience evaluating the market, developing competitive intelligence and pricing
- Proven ability in relationship management with high-level key opinion leaders and industry influencers.Strong communication and presentation skills
- Track record acting as a passionate product champion
- Ability to learn quickly, and to effectively communicate around disciplines unfamiliar to the candidate
- Strong project management skills Highly results-oriented and willing to take the initiative
- Problem solver with a willingness to go above and beyond the job description to meet goals and expectations
- Able to both lead and participate as a team member of a cross functional team as required
If this sounds like you, then go ahead and apply now! Otherwise for further information either give me a call on 01329227035, or email me at .
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.