QC Analytical Supervisor required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC Analytical SupervisorLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative and fast...
QC Analytical Supervisor required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - QC Analytical Supervisor
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced QC Analytical Supervisor to work within their GMP facility. Providing leadership to the Quality Control team and reporting into the QC Manager the role would be suited to someone with experience in a GMP laboratory. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Being accountable for all Quality Control Analytical procedures and providing specialist analytical expertise and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Supervising and training Quality Control staff and taking responsibility for the control, receipt and release of raw materials, and final products to GMP requirements or other.
- Being responsible for the preparation of Quality Control documentation.
- Managing and ensuring that the Quality Control management systems, processes and procedures are implemented and compliant with appropriate regulations.
- Analysing intermediate and final products in full compliance with the controlled methods and procedures and to GMP requirements.
- Liaising with 3rd party testing houses, arranging sample shipments and reviewing results against agreed criteria.
- Implementing process improvements and actioning the appropriate change controls when required.
- Performing investigations and identifying the root cause(s) for deviations or out of specifications. Preparing impact assessments and risk assessments.
- Ensuring that work is performed in accordance with the Company's Quality Assurance and Health and Safety policies including the provision of COSHH/BIOCOSHH/Risk assessments.
- Ensuring that analytical equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with GMP quality systems. Being able to identify deviations and faults in instrument performance and determine an appropriate response to them.
- Assisting the line manager in analytical laboratory management activities including, but not limited to, cleaning and housekeeping, ordering of reagents and consumables, maintaining calibration and servicing records, ensuring equipment compliance and ensuring a clean, organised and smooth-running working environment.
- The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in a relevant life science subject along with previous experience in a GMP environment - this is essential.
- You must have experience in mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry and the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in PCR or QPCR is desirable.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as having high attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, QC, Quality Control, mammalian cell culture, tissue culture, flow cytometry, FACS, PCR, QPCR
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.